Wednesday, July 12

Welcome to Louisville!



Isn't it beautiful? I arrived in Louisville on Monday night, 7/3, enjoyed a home-cooked meal by Mrs. Nelson (sheryl), and just hung out for the evening, catching-up and getting some ice cream. They took me to their favorite ice cream joint called Graeters...oh my goodness...it was so good. I went a few more times that week.

July 4th, Independence Day

Lunch with Sheryl & Michael at a BBQ place..yum!
Waiting for the fireworks to start on the banks of the Ohio River. We had a cookout in the afternoon with some of Sheryl & Michael's friends from seminary, then all went downtown to see the show.
Michael & Sheryl Nelson. Michael just finished his first year at Southern Seminary working on his Masters of Divinity. The school was really pretty itself and was set in a gorgeous, old area of town. Sheryl is a 5th grade teacher at Okolona Elementary School. At my request, she showed me her school and classroom. It's weird to be all grown up! :)

No comments: