Monday, July 17

Places to go, People to see

Sheryl and I went to downtown Louisville one night so I could check out the music scene. We caught a set at The Jazz Factory called 'Bluegrass meets Jazz.'

It was pretty good! It was basically a traditional bluegrass band (banjo, mandolin, dobro, stand up bass, guitar) playing jazz music. I think this was just a bunch of local guys who play together on Wednesday nights at this local joint.

Enjoying the show.

Then we walked over to Fourth Street Live!, the famous music area in Louisville. What did we stumble upon? A free, outdoor concert by Little Big Town! Here's my fuzzy picture of them.

Then, true to family form, I had to stop and see a Frank Lloyd Wright home in Frankfort, KY on my way home. Ain't she a beaut?
This is now a private residence, so I didn't get to take a tour. But I took lots of pics to pass along to my dad, the real Wright fan in the family.

On all our family road trips, if there was ever a Wright house within about 100 miles, we'd trek over there to take a look. :)


Wright got a lot of his inspiration from Japanese architecture. So when I drove up to this house, I found myself fighting back tears. It reminded me so much of Japan! This house could almost be dropped anywhere in Japan and look normal. It was ridiculously emotional.

No comments: