Tuesday, July 4

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you're having a great holiday. I've made it to stop #2 on the Great Summer Roadtrip of 2006: Louisville, Kentucky. I'm staying with my best friend from college, Sheryl, and her husband, Michael, who is up here working on his M.Div. at Southern Seminary. In less than 24 hours up here, I've already laughed buckets of tears. Most people don't see that side of her, but Sheryl is absolutely hilarious. Don't get us started.

Since "brilliant" is my middle name, I naturally left the USB driver at home and therefore cannot load any of my trip pictures on my blog. Again, I know you're on the edge of your seat, but you'll just have to wait.

By the way...as it turns out, it IS possible to have a personal dance party in the car while you're driving I-40 through Knoxville. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but I successfully pulled that off while navigating through the Smokies yesterday. Just thought you'd like to know. Guess which CD I was dancing to?

Set list from yesterday's drive:
JD Crowe and the New South - new bluegrass CD
"True Believer" by Nicholas Sparks, book on tape
Michael Jackson Greatest Hits
Iron & Wine
Caedmons Call - their newest one
more Nicholas Sparks
Johnny Cash Greatest Hits
another Iron & Wine
Michael Buble
more Nicholas Sparks...almost done, I think, but the book is 10 hours of listening material, and I'm not that impressed.

Adios, amigos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I could have been found car-dancing to Michael Jackson's Ones on Saturday coming back from Cocoa Beach (plenty of sun, no shuttle launch), I'm gonna say MJ's Greatest Hits! Do you have PYT on your cd? That's my favorite and may need to become your next karaoke hit after Dancing Queen.

Interesting news...I heard on the way to work this morning that Takeru Kobayashi set a new record by devouring 53 3/4 frankfurters in 12 minutes to win the annual Independence Day hot dog eating competition on Coney Island.
The Black Widow better look out!

Happy Traveling! BTW, Little Big Town would have been a good road trip cd, too. Sorry I didn't know that before you left.

Love you!

jdowner76 said...

Iron & Wine ... just discovered them thanks to Garden State. Might need to borrow one of those puppies sometime! We need to have a mob team CD lending library. I'm sure y'all have lots of stuff I'd like, and hopefully vice versa. Oh, and what's with Lauri leaving a three paragraph comment? Doesn't she know the limit is two?

Anonymous said...

JDOWNER set me up! This was my first blog comment EVER and I asked for appropriate etiquette!

Angela said...

Your homework is late, missy.

Rebecca Yoon said...

Uh-oh....um, I like the 2nd one better. But I'm getting my paper in TONIGHT, I promise!! :)

Miss you!