Tuesday, July 11

Red, White, and Bluegrass Festival

Sunday, July 2
Morganton, North Carolina

Though I didn't get to enjoy as much as I intended (I felt sleep deprived), the festival was fantastic. Bluegrass music is so great; you should try it sometime. Anyway, we heard a couple of bands called JD Crowe & The New South and The Lonesome River Band. I bought CDs, if you care to check them out. These are pretty well known bands in the bluegrass circuit with incredible musicians and some sweet harmony.

Festival-ing it up with my Dad
What? (scooting closer) Are you serious? (straining to see) Are those KIDS?! How OLD are they?! These little guys were unquestionably amazing! I would have totally bought their CD...the four guys you're looking at are between the ages of 11 and 13 and just finished "Bluegrass Camp." Don't laugh. Their musical ability would put you to shame! I certainly was shocked.

No comments: