Monday, August 21

Monday, Monday

Mondays mornings at work usually mean there are a million and one things on my mind and I'm not quite sure where to start. So, being Monday morning - this blog entry is meant to reflect that. In a word: randomness.

Chicken - marinated in pineapple juice, thrown on the grill, then stripped over salad (with Mango dressing, good call Jennings) - is really good!

Thanks to Mom and Pop, I'm an education junkie. I'm so thrilled that school starts this week, I could scream. I smile as I walk the halls of RTS. I relive memories everywhere I walk on the UCF campus. I love reading. I even like taking tests. When the 2006 list of Orange County Adult Education courses came in the mail, I highlighted all the ones I wanted to take. Ceramics, anyone? Healthy Cooking? Ballroom Dancing? What will I do when I can't go to school anymore? Oh yeah, teach. Maybe that's why I'm pursuing a career on a college campus.

On my nightstand:
The PAPA Prayer by Larry Crabb
Lost Women of the Bible by Carolyn Custis James
The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently by Richard Nisbitt

Sunday night movie at my house this past weekend: Alfred Hitchcock's "Rebecca." As a child, I liked watching this movie because of it's great name. As an adult, I was thinking "why did my Dad EVER let me watch this?!" It's a bit morbid. Have you seen it?

My Monday morning started off great... I actually got out of bed on time, ate my big bowl of Fruit Loops while watching the Today Show, and then prayed for the day with my roomie. All was well until I was drying my face and -oops- what was that? Something feels weird. Aah! My nose ring fell out!! I ran around like crazy trying to defrost the bathroom window, get the ring back in, put in my contacts so I could see, try again to get it through the hole, throw some clothes on, and go screaming down the hallway looking for help from Angela. I flipped out. Then, 20 minutes later, it was back in with minimal bleeding and a little bit of pain. I calmly sighed. ....Now to begin the day.

Oh yeah - didn't I tell you about my new bling? It's groovy. Real sparkly. And it's in my nose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?! Where's the picture? I need proof!