Wednesday, August 16

Don't hide all your attributes in a stirofoam container (savvy)

We confusingly looked at the Jack Sparrow-looking fellow who was talking to us, our eyes traveled to my take-out box sitting in front of me on the counter, then we looked at each other.

What did that guy just say? We laughed and repeated the story...over and over again all weekend. We're pretty much still baffled at what-in-tarnation that comment meant. Was it the beer he had for breakfast speaking? Was he just a local who likes to say weird things to tourists? Haven't a clue! Can you shed any light? (He did, however, look a lot like Captain Jack!)

Anyhow, such was the scene at New Smyrna Beach this weekend while Lauri, Joe, and I enjoyed lunch at Breakers overlooking the water. Yeah, think about it and wish you were there. It was fantastic.

I seriously contemplated never coming home.

The beach was our escape after a busy week at PI debriefing 87 amazing students who served overseas this summer. They sacrificed much in order to take their place in the story God is writing of His glory among the nations. Well, they "sacrificed" in the world's terms anyway. I'll update again soon with some of their incredible stories, then you tell me if it was much of a sacrifice. Once again, let me reiterate that I LOVE MY JOB!

Since we're talking about quotes, I have to share my new favorite: as Mr. Miyagi once said, "Never trust a spiritual leader who can't dance." That's what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Mercy Now said...

Quote was lol.