Thursday, August 31

I gots the bumps, yo

Some things that gave me the chill bumps today....

I talked to my sister-in-law on the way to work this morning and she was telling me about a new group she's joining at church. It's more than just a Bible study, but a time to bond with other women with young families and share in each other's lives, and it's led by the elders' wives. They even cook and eat lunch together every Thursday! I just loved hearing Ashlee get excited about this group. I'm so thankful for her and love her bunches. I'm headed up to see their fam in a week for Emily's 3rd birthday!

E & J and four young kids were recently kicked out of a Central Asian country and have temporarily relocated in the same area. In their last newsletter, they asked prayer for finding a Russian-speaking school for the kids to attend (the language they've recently learned) and generally that this would be one step in helping the kids adjust to such abrupt changes. In particular, their 7-year old daughter, Lydia, really wanted to wear a uniform to school. This week's newsletter came with news of finding a school and acceptance even though they're Western. The next line read that mom and kids went out to lunch to celebrate and then to the outdoor market to buy uniforms, much to Lydia's delight. Isn't that precious? God does care about the little things!

No comments: