Wednesday, November 16

A lesson on ministry

Konbanwa! Good evening! I just got home from a great dinner with my dear friends Masami and Masaji Nakayama. I had Udon (my dad's favorite noodle soup) with red miso, which is a famous dish to this area of Nagoya, Japan. If you look at a map, you can find the city of Nagoya about halfway in between Tokyo and Osaka. It's kinda in a mountainous area, so it's very beautiful! And the leaves are changing, it's chilly outside....how nice to experience seasons!

The last couple of days have been very full. On Monday, I spent about 4 hours singing karaoke! :) I had lunch with my J-Girls and we went to karaoke to hang out for the afternoon. Then I had dinner with Ayako Soneda and she wanted to go to karaoke, too. I loved it! Ayako is a sister in Christ about my age from Oyumino Christ Church. We never got to know each other when I lived there, but had such a great time together Monday night. Pray for God to continue to encourage and woo her heart daily to His!

I awoke at about 6:40am on Tuesday to an earthquake! Earthquakes are pretty common here, but this one swayed my fourth-floor hotel room pretty strongly. It was quite a shake.

Tuesday I had lunch with some Chiba University girls, hung out with a friend in the afternoon, and went to Bible Impact at Midoridai Church. One of the most striking things the Lord showed me yesterday was through meeting a new Japanese friend at church named Jackie (her American nickname). She spent 6 months in Washington state about 7 years ago to study English. She lived with other Americans in a house, and one of her good girlfriends was a Christian. Maybe this was a ministry house? Not sure. I'm also not sure about this, but can imagine her friends simply loved on Jackie and shared their lives with her without seeing much spiritual interest from her. Seven years later, however, Jackie is back in church, seeking the Lord, embracing the gospel, and is preparing for baptism in December. Praise God! Another lost sheep has come home. It may be a long process, but God is faithful! He knows His children by name, even though they may not know His name yet. This is a lesson for me to never underestimate the little ways I can share His grace and love, even if I see little immediate fruit. God is good...all the time.

That's it for now. Tomorrow is a full day of meetings with the MTW missionary team here, so I better go. Hope all is well in O-Town. Beracah girls - I miss you!

No comments: