Thursday, November 3

22 hours and counting...

Whoa. I'm leaving tomorrow morning. As I finally crawled into bed early this morning, my body was screaming, "what are you doing?" I think I've stressed it out! My mind goes much faster than my body (how old am I?) and now I'm feeling the strain. The last 3 weeks have been full of brainstorming, planning, designing, list-making, shopping, driving, packing, repacking, and about 10,000 emails and phone calls in between. There are still endless details to attend to in these next several hours. It would not be surprising to me to finally get to the conference and suddenly get sick. Please pray for my strength!

Here are a few other prayer requests:
-Team travel: all 60 arriving safely and intact
-For our hearts to rest in Jesus (especially mine!), and not in our ability to get things done
-For a true spirit of servanthood among the team
-For God to call at least 10 from this group to catch the vision of church planting in Japan and return longer-term (especially pray for this to begin during our first weekend worshipping in various churches)

Thanks for going with me!

1 comment:

kickwave said...

Elmer,

Those 10 better come with PI! Or else I'm never going to give a vacation day again!

You'll be in our prayers!

James, Lauren, Chloe & Zoe