Thursday, November 30

Quick Update

I know, I know. I'm terribly tardy on my blog entries. But my excuse is....drumroll please....I have lots of pictures to share and my USB hookup is currently being held hostage in a sickroom. So there.

quick update?
--trip was incredible. loved it. learned a lot.
--happy t-giving! mine was so restful that i managed to squeeze in six movies over the long weekend. i love you, mr. darcy.
--my nieces have been in town ALL WEEK. It might be a bit of heaven!

I'm sitting here writing this entry as I listen to Sonrise practice. Do you not know who Sonrise is? My goodness, where have you been? They're only the BEST bluegrass band in Orlando, maybe even in all of Central Florida! Wake up.

Really, it's my dad's band. And there's absolutely nothing like pick'n and sing'n with them. We're going on 5 hours of this now. I've sung a few with them and even picked up the guitar on a few. But mostly I've been listening and soaking up every minute.

Hey, hey....I just scored a gig with them! woo hoo! You'll have to come hear me sing "All American Bluegrass Girl" in January with them.

This is a GREAT ending to a shaky day and a real tough week. I've felt the faith-refining process a lot recently. Thank you, Jesus, for walking with me through it all. And thanks for moments like these when my soul truly rests.

back to the bluegrass......

2 comments:

Shawn said...

mr. darcy? as in...pride and prejudice darcy?

Rebecca Yoon said...

I just saw this comment.

Yes, Pride & Prejudice Mr. Darcy.

(sigh)