Friday, November 17

Fun people!

So...if you don't yet know....I am a people person. That has really been the best part of this trip: my fun friends!! Here are a few snapshots..

This was at The Oasis - a really cool place on multiple deck levels overlooking Lake Travis in Austin. Lauri and I took Jennings to dinner and enjoyed the sunset. Jennings used to work with us in the PI office but is now in his final months of prep to move to Central Asia. The best word to describe Jennings during our time in ATX is 'grace.' We might have gotten a little cocky about our sense of direction and map reading skills...
Jon & Sally & Baby Jude, who's a real cutie. They're on their way overseas with Christar.


Joe show'n off his grill. Oddly enough, a little rap music always calms me down when things get hairy. So due to my crazy work schedule this summer, I eventually learned all the words to Nelly's Grillz, and, in the process, got a few other work cronies hooked on it too (including Joe). I fortunately brought the CD with me to TX, so we've all been enjoying it while cruisin' College Station.

Lauri chatting with Lindsey about her Edge trip last summer and further long-term options with us. Love this girl! She helped us recruit at the GO! Missions Conference here at Texas A&M last Tuesday night. GO! is put on by Breakaway Ministries, a college ministry that attracts over 4,000 students to its weekly Bible Study. Yeah, I said 4,000. Huge. Did you know that A&M sends out the most missionaries of any school in the US? It's because of ministries like Breakaway (visited on Tues. night), RUF (visited on Wed. night), Navigators (visited on Thurs. night), and many more. This place is a hot bed for students who love God and love the nations. (i find it ridiculously exciting, can you tell?) BACK to Lindsey...she learned about us at the GO! Conference last year and then served with us in East Asia for 8 weeks last summer. We're glad to send her back!

So, I didn't get to mention stories of seeing Kenny, Katie, John, Stephanie, Sarah, Rodney, Katy, Robbie, Ryan, Jim, Bill, Matt, Emily, Jamie, Jennifer, Monica, and Lauren -- my dear family in the Faith.

Pray for God to use these friends for the sake of His Gospel among the least-reached!

4 comments:

jdowner76 said...

getting...very...jealous ... of all the fun people you're getting to hang out with! but i am sustained in my not-being-around-as-many-fun-people-as-you (apologies to james, sarah and alan) by the remembrance that many of those same fun peeps'll be at urbana and i'll get my fix there (if i'm still sane). cheers!

Alissa said...

Aw man, I'm jealous too!

Countin' down until Urbana!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! I just added your blog to the short list of blogs I read regularly, so I thought I'd drop you a note to tell you. How cool you're on a recruiting trip and got to see good ol' Jennings. I miss him. And you. And John and Lauri and everyone there in Mob. Looking forward to seeing you and John and Naomi at the Behold the Lamb of God show!

Sarah Grace said...

Apologies accepted, John. Three cheers for Urbana!