Friday, November 10

The Great State Of....


Yes, that's right. I'm on a recruiting trip in Texas for the next 10 days or so. I flew in yesterday and have visited Dallas Theological Seminary and Texas Christian University, plus had several appointments. There are lots of great churches here that, honestly, I think are ripe for the missionary harvest! I met with a gal last night in prep for speaking at her church next weekend. That church already sent some of their members through us to Southeast Asia, but there are tons more who are interested, especially in the college ministry. Then a co-worker and I met with a young church plant in Grapevine this morning who is just beginning to clarify their missions program. There are at least 4 couples and some singles in that church who are ready to go overseas! It's incredible! This area seems to have lots of missions interest and it's so exciting to get in on that action. I love it. I'm in a Dallas Panera right now awaiting an appointment with a gal who should be here any minute.

Lauri and I had some yummy Tex-Mex with the "Mission Coaches" of Rightnow.org today. These gals rock. Their role is simply to connect people to organizations in the world of missions, so they spend most of the day on the phone listening to peoples stories and helping to connect their vision to an matching organization, that ultimately they might be actively engaged with the Gospel around the world. How cool is that? (Check them out at www.rightnow.org.) They're super fun gals!

(Lauri, Felicity, Melanie, Michelle, Me)

3 comments:

Alissa said...

You girls are so cute! Have tons of fun in Texas. And give Lauri a squeeze for me.

Rebecca Yoon said...

But I wish I was coming to visit YOU!! Hope all goes well; praying for Joe's message to be compelling for the sake of the Gospel among Mlms!

BTW...did I tell you one of ya'll left a Biola shirt at my house? I wear it proudly! oh yeah, do you want it back? :)

Alissa said...

I wish you were coming to visit too!!! You guys seriously need to come out for Conference in March. Think about it =)

Way to go sportin' the Biola shirt. Work it and own it girl.