Thursday, October 5

sniffle, sniffle

I've forgotten how comfortable my couch really is. I haven't lounged around on the couch for weeks...until now. It's me and a sinus infection. Not really a whole lot of fun.

Other than that, it's been a pretty good week. On Monday night, we had our second girls group. 9 of us are reading "Lost Women of the Bible" by Carolyn James -- discussing it, and our lives. We meet every other week and I'm absolutely lovin' these sisters.

Tuesday night, I had some gals from work over for dinner. This is an orientation week at PI, so a few co-workers and I hosted some candidates who are applying to serve overseas. Hearing their stories and getting to know them really rejuvinates me to press on at work.

Lets see... Wednesday was a miserable day at home on the couch. My mom brought me chicken soup. :) And I managed to make it to the church at 7 for our first English Cafe. We had one person come! woo hoo! I really wasn't sure if we'd get anyone, but I was SO excited when I found out that she heard about our English classes because of a particular flyer I put up last Saturday. I seriously prayed over those flyers as I posted them around town. Anyway, we're hoping for more students next week.

I came home early from work again today and a friend came over to make dinner. She convinced me that I really need to call the doctor tomorrow. I hope I can get an appointment and start some antibiotics. I'm dying here.

Thursdays are my TV night. The Office was pretty good tonight...albeit a tad weird. What was with the "hug it out, *****"? That's not quite what I expected...

And Greys! I love Greys Anatomy. Last week was quite scandalous; this week was really sweet. Alex has finally won my heart. He's usually really annoying, self-centered, and cocky as all get-out. But in tonight's episode, you caught a glimpse of his tender side. His conversation with Izzy outside the hospital was full of great lines. Good job, emmy-award- winning writers. And so our little interns keep moving along...

How was your week?

4 comments:

Ethan Pitsch said...

Wow, you're an office and grey's fan? Our entire neighborhood (and then some) get together every thursday night for this big event! nice to know there are other fans out there!!

Sarah said...

and I just commented on my blog how my roommates and I are head over heels for the office. We're still on season two though, so we get to watch a few episodes a week. I have no idea what will happen when we catch up and can only see it once a week!!!

N said...

Becky,
Fellow Grey's fan-I love it! This season has been a little more scandalous than I wold like, but I am really starting to like Alex more as well-he's being really sweet to Izzy. On the other hand, McDreamy is really not impressing me with his actions lately, I dunno. What do you think? I'm for McVet even though I know there's more chemistry there with McDreamy-but it's just not good in real life....sigh. drama, drama, drama.
On another note, I ate sushi today, and thoroughly loved it.
I am so sorry you are sick! I was sick a couple of weeks ago with a cold/sinus infection thing-sounds like you have it now. I had to get the ol' Z pack-I hated to take antibiotics but it did the job right away. I hope you feel better.
I FINALLY updated my blog and hope to start being better. I have really not done a good job, though I check yours all the time!
Miss you, Becky-wish we could get together and talk about all our girly stuff...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that "hug it out" is from Entourage, an HBO show. I'm boycotting cause it's a bit too coarse, but it's pretty funny.