Wednesday, June 28

Ever heard of the Black Widow?

No, not the killer spider. I'm talking about Sonya Thomas, the "Black Widow" of the Competitive Eating circuit. This chick can EAT! She's 5'5", weighs 100 pounds, and currently holds 27 world records. I've been following her for several months now (via the Offbeat news on usatoday.com), but just found her official website at www.sonyatheblackwidow.com.

Her impressive records include:
--8 lbs, 2 oz. of Chili Cheese Fries in 10 minutes
--44 soft shell lobsters in 12 minutes
--46 dozen (552) oysters in 10 minutes
--52 hard boiled eggs in 5 minutes
--48 soft shell chicken tacos in 11 minutes
*professional use only. this not to be attempted at home.*

Oh my gosh, I think I'm gonna be sick...

Now before you think this is just a typical "fatty American" sport, let us not forget to mention the king of all eating, Japanese competitor Takeru Kobayashi. Check out his all-time hot dog record at www.watchmeeatahotdog.com.

You see, folks, you can really do anything. The sky (or your stomach) is the limit. When you climbed up on your grandfather's lap at 3 years old and he said you can be anything you want to be, it was really true!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

let me just say that I LOVE your blog postings and I think you should continue to do them more often. You're off the hizzle!