Thursday, June 22

words

I really want to put up more pictures, but I should write some words. What do you think?

It is such a privilege to be a part of the sending force of missionaires all over the world. I realize that I often take my job for granted. Sometimes I want to complain about my desk responsibilities. I often sit longingly wondering when it will be my turn to move overseas. In rush hour traffic, I wonder why I drive so far to my office.

But then I see faces. I see Indonesian faces, I see Kazakh faces, I see Kenya tribal leaders, I see the eyes of Afghan women through their burqahs, I see crazy colored hair framing Bosnian faces --- and I hear their cries for truth, their searching for hope, and their longing to be loved. There are more faces. There are faces of second-career folks, mommies and daddies with young families, and singles just out of college. These faces look different; they have an eagerness to go and live among the other faces. They have an eagerness to share truth, give hope, and love the unloveable. And then, like last week, there are the fresh faces of students who are highly teachable with a keen sense of questioning - asking, "is this what God wants me to do with my life?"

Ooooh, I love those faces. All of them. They are why I'm here in this cubicle typing emails and sending out information packets and talking on the phone. Somehow, God has allowed me to have a small part in impacting the nations because He is worth it!! He is worthy to be praised from every nation, every language, every culture. I really, really want to GO one day, but for now, my role is to SEND. Maybe that impact is even bigger?

Thanks, God, for allowing me to be a part of this whole grand story you're writing. You are worth it.

1 comment:

Ordinary Radical said...

Sweet Beck!

Your impact is felt world wide, you are loved and your work is appreciated!