Monday, June 26

a shout-out to my peeps!

I have to literally shout-it-out to tell you how much I loved working with these guys during Edge orientation. (yes! i'm still talking about the Edge!)


This was the Edge staff for the week. About eight of us in this picture are full-time at PI, and all of the others are volunteers - *star* volunteers, I might add. (We call them O-Staff.) Most O-Staffers went on Edge trips in the past and came this year to help with all of the logistical behind-the-scenes dirty work like putting notebooks together, cleaning rooms, making copies, running the powerpoint, helping the kitchen staff, hauling mattresses all over campus (thanks Tropical Storm Alberto), etc. The best part, though, was watching the O-Staff connect with students - encouraging them and praying with them for the mission journey they were about to embark upon.

My main responsibilty for Edge orientation was to oversee this awesome crew. They really worked hard...going non-stop from 6:30am to midnight with multiple responsibilities, constant smiles, and great excitement! We all were super blessed by them. Personally, I wasn't feeling very well and everyone was so kind to pray with me and maybe even fetch me a few smoothies. :)

I really enjoyed hanging out with Genavieve, Jessica, Jennings, Andrew, Danny, Alissa, Katie, and Jonathan. Their journeys of faith are so unique and awesome to hear. All are on the road to missions in some capacity, so it's invigorating to hear and share in their vision and passion.


At the end of a long week, we played at the beach for an afternoon. Miss you guys! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. With great expectation, I look forward to hearing how God draws you closer to His heart and sends you forth into the nations!

3 comments:

Ethan Pitsch said...

Becky - wow! I love reading about all your work with these mission teams! The day will come soon enough when you are sent out to spread the good news! Whenever that day comes please, please hit me up with a support letter. I would love to help someone with such a passion for missions like yourself.

Rebecca Yoon said...

Thanks, Ethan! Hope ya'll are well! I think about you every time I ride your way through our neighborhood. :)

Anonymous said...

It's true! I love you!