Thursday, April 27

Fully enjoying being a girl

Finally! I can't believe I made it to the end of today's work day. Man, it was just painfully inching along. Sometime around 3pm, while my boss was walking by my desk, I started singing Michael Buble's "I wanna go ho--me....let me go home." I'm glad he got a chuckle out of that - but I was SERIOUS!

Anyhow, I made it. I'm happy and relieved. And now I'm going to go celebrate over some scrumptious sushi and talk theology with my friend Nancy. And by the way - it is theology. We're talking about how the Gospel applies to our hearts in this messed-up world, and how on earth do we live in light of that Great Day that is coming. Throw in a little discussion about beautifying the earth in preparation for the King's return (gardening), creating a safe/comfortable haven that reflects our creative God (decorating), and employing the "hidden art" to further commune with God and commune with people (cooking)-- and you've got the perfect girl night.

And there's my blog entry for today.

3 comments:

N said...

I like it!!!
I had so much fun talking "girl theology" haha!!! And the sushi was greeeeaaaat. Wish we could have afforded to get twice as much!
I hope you have a great day!!
Love
nancy

Fleminator said...

are you trying to say guys can't enjoy gardening, decorating, and cooking? I can't think of things that are more fun for us than playing in the dirt, buidling stuff, and eating (which is even more enjoyable when you're eating something that has been cooked.)

Rebecca Yoon said...

..Been cooked..or been cooked for you?

Are you playing the devil's advocate, Jennings? Nothing I said was against guys doing that stuff! Go for it, man.