Monday, May 5

some thoughts...and posts to come

So...it's been a while. After a long absence in posting, isn't it hard to know what to say? I figured I might sum up a few things I've been thinking about lately....

1. Great words from Spurgeon about how wonderfully thoughtful God is toward us! Future post on this.

2. I love cooking; it's so fun. Due to my current schedule, I've taken up cooking all weekend to supply meals for the week. And I am digging it right now. :) Post on recipes forthcoming.

3. My current schedule, as previously discussed, is about to change... I cannot believe this semester is nearly over! (2 wks to go) It's been a dream come true to be a full-time student again, take part in other activities my work schedule prohibited, and to take a break from being a working woman. :) The Lord has been so incredibly good to fulfill this dream...I still can't believe I'm living it! Thank you, Lord!!

It's been a fantastic semester on campus, and now I move into a time of personal study as I finish up my degrees. I'll primarily be taking virtual classes now through December.

4. To completely change the subject...I've been thinking a lot about how exactly I can "go green"? Maybe I'll save this discussion for another post, because I feel like I have a lot to say. Hmmm...sorry for the teaser, but I'm going to wait. And I want your input!

5. Joe is the best! I'm crazy about him!

That's all. Have a nice day. :) Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

Ande Truman said...

Teasers are great! Plus it keeps you accountable to deliver your promises! :)

I'm glad you're into cooking, wooohoo! I am a huge fan as well. What kind of stuff are you into cooking now? I've been doing so much lately, and especially trying to incorporate healthy and whole foods as well- veggies, fruits, nuts, grains, etc. I've found some very interesting combinations in the last few weeks!

Speaking of cooking and going green, have you ever thought about having a garden? Maybe not huge, but just a few of your favorite foods. At the place I'm a cook at we're starting to grow much of our own food we serve.

Also, if you use a lot of veggies or fruits (egg shells, coffee grounds, etc) you can put the scraps into a compost bin (or just throw it in a corner of your back yard) and let it decompose. Good for the environment!

Okay, this is a very long comment, I'll stop. Hope to see ya in a few weeks!