Tuesday, September 26

Strange conversations

I seem to recall visiting a website a couple years ago that posted "strange conversations" heard in NYC. It was stink'n hilarious. Anybody know where to find that? Well, here's my own version. This is 100% true.

Two guys walking out of the bathroom at church:
"It is virtually impossible to make a soft poached egg."

At my office:
"I'm on a candidate committee next week."
"Me too."
"Then on Wednesday I'm going to Hawaii."
"Yeah, I'm going to Turkey."
"Okay, we'll meet at the end of October."

This conversation was silent, but let me tell you the story. One guy -in my graduate level class today- writes a note to a guy sitting two seats down from him, seat in the middle empty. The receiver of the note was dozing. The author of the note is watching the other guy, as if staring at him will wake him up. 60 seconds go by. Still sleeping. The author of the note wraps his arm around the empty seat and taps on the edge of the seat with his pen. Mission complete: receiver of note wakes up and sees the note. The conversation continues.

What the heck.

No comments: