Monday, November 9

$30 Challenge: Week 2

Week 2 Meal Plan:

Sunday - out at Mom & Dad's
Monday - Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday - leftovers (Bec out)
Wednesday - London Broil with broccoli & mashed potatoes
Thursday - Grilled chicken over salad
Friday - Pork tenderloin with grilled veggies and rice
Saturday - Spaghetti


Shopping:
Publix $ 28.86

Overall, I'm still under budget, but with a mere $3 in my cushion fund :), how exactly will T-giving fit into my budget?? Still working a few angles on that challenge.

WA-HOO!! So excited to have actually met my challenge this week...$29 and holding. :) As long as I can stay away from the grocery store for the rest of this week, I'm good. My basket was surprisingly full for such a small bill. I bought a lot of fruits and veggies (Publix had some good vegetables on sale this week), eggs, sour cream, and just two of the B1G1 deals that were good items for my pantry.

One tip that I want to note for my future reference: the "stock-up" list this month included meat, bread, sandwich meat, and pasta. (The bread and pasta only made that list because they were B1G1.) Some other items would be good to include on that list, like a few back-up cans of veggies, dairy products, sauces, baking supplies. I'm going to consider a standard list, and leave out a few of the meat items that I might find later on sale.

Ideas? Opinions?

2 comments:

Jill K said...

Becky! Way to go! I love this meal planning/ money saving game! I do look forward to tracking with you better on your blog :) So sweet to catch up with you recently.

And... sorry about that ice cream! That was definetely a brainless mom moment. I meant to drop it in your bag to send home with you just before you walked out the door... as it turned out, I'm sure it was all gush by the time you left! So sorry!

love- in Christ,
jill k

http://www.horoscopo-diario.com.ar said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time while you were down there. Where will you be going from there???! Lake Shasta? Ha, I wish...You look great.