Friday, February 29

weekend at the lakehouse

Happy Birthday Presidents Washington and Lincoln...we're celebrating at the Lakehouse! Thanks to a long weekend and the generosity of new friends, my family had a grand time in the North Florida woods on the shores of Lake George earlier this month. Oh my goodness, it was so much fun! Everyone was there, and we went fishing and four-wheeling, walked trails, played pool, watched movies, swam, explored the local area, and ate like champs! It was really fun to be together in the great outdoors!





So...funny story...the dirt bike just really didn't want to start, despite the valiant efforts of both Nels and Joe. But Joe wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. If you heard anyone say "where's joe?" ...you could pretty much bet he was in the garage working on the dirt bike. I was inside talking to Ashlee when I heard a noise, looked out the window, and saw Joe sitting up tall and proud on that bike, and flying by! :) I had a real good laugh.

1 comment:

Ande Truman said...

What's that in the net that someone caught? Sounds like ya had a good time! Last time I rode on a dirtbike, I was like 8 or 9 and the driver crashed it in our back yard fence with me on it...so I don't have good memories of them, but I'm sure y'all had fun! :)