Friday, May 19

19 more headed to the front battle lines

A friend of mine was recently looking through her letter pile of support requests for summer missions and was struck by the first verse of 2 Samuel 11, “In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war…”

She writes: “Although this verse isn’t talking directly about summer mission trips, I have been reminded that we still serve a high King who is sending His followers out in His name at this time of year. It is exciting to see so many people using their summers in a way that honors God. I hope these letters lead us to greater rejoicing because our Father is sending out a mighty force this summer to share his message of hope, forgiveness, and salvation with a lost and hopeless world.”

Well, I’ve spent the last week preparing 19 more to join the front battle lines this summer among some of the most forgotten peoples of the world who are yet untouched by the Gospel. My heart was SO encouraged this week as I got to know these students. I loved worshipping with them, seeing their hearts break in prayer, and sharing in their fears and excitement. And as I wave goodbye to teams as they drive off to the airport, my heart always travels back to the tremendous impact my summers overseas have had on my life. More later on why I love short term missions!


The Communion table

The Mirath team sharing communion together (they later renamed themselves the Hima-playas)

Prayer commissioning

No comments: