Tuesday, July 1

Barbies

I have about a thousand projects I'd like to do before moving to Joe's place...you know, cleaning out stuff, reorganizing, giving stuff away, etc. Since my parents are away this week, and I have the whole house to mess up, I decided this was a good time to start.

My first project: cleaning out 2 tubs of pictures and three tubs of childhood things. I haven't gotten to the pictures yet ( I have a feeling it will take a while...), but last night I had the best time looking through some of the toys and such I saved from when I was a kid!

Let me tell you...I LOVED playing with Barbies. In fact, I probably played with Barbies, without telling anyone, until I was about 14 years old! I will defend myself by adamantly claiming that the last few years of said play-time was not really playing with the Barbies themselves, but I would set up these elaborate Barbie homes that would overtake half my room. (I loved decorating even then!) Lets rephrase that: they were elaborate Barbie mansions - dining room, kitchen, outdoor patio, living room, family room, library, multiple bedrooms (not sure if they ever used the restroom or not). But by the time I finished setting up the home, I would be totally over it and on to something else.

Anyway -- last night, I found all my old barbies, 80s wicker Barbie furniture, the plastic accessories (food, TVs, radios, etc), and the most hilarious 80s and early 90s Barbie clothes! I wish I had kept my cars - I had two: a white rabbit and a hot pink Mercedes. :) Don't know what happened to those. ( my cousin had a huuuge Barbie RV that I would play with whenever I would visit my grandmother)

It was so fun to look through everything; I had a huge smile on my face. Good memories.

I was telling Joe about it later and he asked if I was going to pull everything out for my nieces. I said "No - I'm saving them for our kids!" (sorry girls) Can't wait to pass along the fun. :)

What was your favorite play time as a kid?

No comments: