Tuesday, December 18

What's happening?

Hello friends! I'm not even sure if I have any readers anymore, but here's an update of what's been going on around here the last few weeks.

I went to Jacksonville to celebrate my niece's Ella's 6th birthday! (6 going on 16) She's such a sweet girl whose personality is strikingly similar to her aunt's! :) Here she is (with Emily) wearing her new apron from Aunt Becky - her PINK spatulas are tucked in the pockets, if you can see them. She got right to work making cookies that night! She loves helping Mom in the kitchen.
Ella is a die-hard Florida Gators fan like you've never seen in a 6 year old. So I made her a bulletin board for her room. She can be a sports fan...but notice the girlyness here. :)

Skeet shooting! It's hard to see here, but this is Joe taking out a bird for dinner.

I know my form looks terrible here, but that gun was soo~ heavy! And look at my face..i'm scared to even pull the trigger! :) But I did hit my target several times...so, have no fear! If we need to shoot some dinner, I'm your woman.

Last Thursday night, we went to the RTS Christmas concert - which is becoming a tradition for Joe and me! Last year, this was one of the first things we did together - a small group from work planned on going to the concert. My roommates, particularly Ashley (below), were both excited to meet this guy they had been hearing about.

After last year's concert, Ashley, Joe and I went to grab something to eat at Houlihans. As we sat in the booth and I heard Ashley laugh and laugh at Joe, I knew he had passed the "roommate test." Sure enough, we said goodbye in the parking lot and walked to the car together and she exclaimed, "Becky! I want you to love him forever and ever!" "Shhh!!" I freaked out. "Ashley, he'll hear you! ...And I think that's your martini speaking."

Well.
She called it.
So we went back to Houlihans after this year's RTS concert to celebrate together. :)

Zoe Kim turned 3! She's so precious; we were glad to celebrate with her! (Joe's boss at Pioneers and my boss at Pioneers are married. This is their middle daughter - #2 of 3).

Yay for sweaters! This picture was taken yesterday, December 17th. It was the coldest weather we've had yet this season and the first real day we've been able to wear sweaters! Joe was particularly excited as he's really missing snowy Maryland right now.

That's about it, folks. Joe is staying here in Orlando for Christmas, so we're excited to spending our first holiday season together! And we'll be celebrating our Lord's birth with my family as well. What a blessing this year has been! Thank you Lord!

Merry Christmas to you all!

2 comments:

Ande Truman said...

Becko! Hey girl! Love the pictures :) Life treating you ok? You look happy!

The Nolls said...

Hey you! You do still have a faithful blog-stalker in me :) I love all the photos and seeing what is going on in your life. I LOVE YOU! and pray you have a merry merry Christmas!