Friday, March 30

I mean, where do I begin? I have lots of fun things to share.


Let me introduce you to Lil' Money. Joe and I adopted this duck while on a morning stroll at the Farmers Market. Who would not want to participate in The Great Duck Derby? Who would not want to take this fine speciman home?
(please don't ask me to explain why he's all pimped out with a gold tooth and rappers necklace...)
This little guy recently debuted in his first race, The Great Duck Derby 2006. Along with about 500 other rubber duckies, Lil' Money raced his little heart. Several summers ago, Orlando was hit by 3 hurricanes in about 6 weeks. Mead Gardens was particularly damaged by these storms, and this event was an effort to raise money to restore the Gardens. It was a fun event and well worth the community support!
This is the pre-race pep talk. The stern talking-to. The "you better win and make me proud" schpeil.







But really, Lil' Money, I'm rootin for you the whole way.


Lil' Money did not win. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. (we're trying to be supportive)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Becky! It's good to have you back--at least a little. Your blog is one of my favs!!!!

Mercy Now said...

Awe, how cute. Joe and I used to be neighbors when we were kids in Seoul.

Anonymous said...

becky-chan! I didn't realize you had a blog....: )

I like the duck with bling.