Thursday, January 26

Jesus, I Come

1. Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
Jesus, I come; Jesus I come.
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light,
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of my sickness into Thy health,
Out of my wanting and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

2. Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Jesus, I come; Jesus, I come.
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of earth’s sorrows into Thy balm,
Out of life’s storms and into Thy calm,
Out of distress into jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

3. Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
Jesus, I come; Jesus, I come.
Into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair into raptures above,
Upward forever on wings like a dove,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

4. Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,
Jesus, I come; Jesus, I come.
Into the joy and light of Thy home,
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of the depths of ruin untold,
Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold,
Ever Thy glorious face to behold,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

(by William Sleeper)

Do you get those words? Read them again.

We have been called out of the despairing, exhausting, gloomy shadows of this sin-infested place into a whole new world - which blows away any of the faintest comprehension of goodness we might have What a glorious gospel!

Jesus, I come - running, wholeheartedly, with a goofy smile plastered on my face, like a little child. Where else would I go but to you?

11 comments:

Shawn said...

We have been called out of the despairing, exhausting, gloomy shadows of this sin-infested place into a whole new world.


....a whole new world filled, often, with despair, exhaustion, gloom, and sin. As Christians.

Rebecca Yoon said...

Well, that's quite the uplifting comment.

Heaven, Shawn. I'm talking about Heaven.

Fleminator said...

on another, lighter note, How do you like the new IG CD? My sister and her fiance got FINALLY got me #1 & 2, but no one up here has #4 (nor have they heard of Indelible Grace, not even my PCA friends).

thanks Becky for the devotional thoughts. I was just talking to one of my senior citizens at work, and she was feeling as though there wasn't any hope for the future. It was good to encourage her and remind myself that our's would be a sad lot if the only hope we have is in this life.

Shawn said...

*shrug* ...k.....

Shawn said...

Indelible Grace Online

Fleminator said...

Shawn!!!! Expect a snowball under your pillow!

For all others, please note the correct spelling of fleMinator (fleMMinator is incorrect, unless your are a silly Asian with too much time on your hands!) I'm not especially proud of my nickname, but at least get the spelling right.

Also, please note that I do not make a habit of blogging, but when I do, it will happen at this site, where you can find other interestingMcClarty blogs, and a link to my sister's wedding web site. And don't miss my brother's coffee roasting business. Ssssslurp!
The blog for fleMMinator is a nice imitation, but there is nothing like the orignal.

Rebecca Yoon said...

Whew...I was confused....thanks for clearing it up, Jennings.

Shawn said...

i have right next to *zero* idea what "expect a snowball under my pillow" means....i'll assume that it's supposed to mean "thanks"....


right back atcha?? i think?

Rebecca Yoon said...

Yeah. Major confusion. There are 2 different Shawn's here...Shawn REED who left thoughtful comments on my blog, and Shawn TRAN who signed Jennings up for a blog without him knowing it. The "snowball" comment was meant for Shawn Tran. (And it's not a thanks...not at all.)

Fleminator said...

I'm so confused...
Shawn Reed, please accept my most humble apologies.

Shawn said...

ah HA....it's all so clear now!!!


carry on, then, carry on.